2.10.2009

37 weeks - YIKES!

Okay - so it is getting pretty scary thinking that we are going to have a child in 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!  You know, when I really think about it, I'm good with being pregnant...not really that anxious for the whole BIRTH part.  :)  
I went for my 37 week appointment today and I am 2 cm dilated - Yeah!  So there is progress!  We went ahead and scheduled me to be induced on March 6 just in case she decides to be stubborn and not come by the due date, but my doctor and I both expect to not need that slot reservation at the hospital.  I just really can't believe that we only have a few weeks left.  Any last minute tips?!  ...besides "rest" because I've become convinced that THAT is not going to happen.   
We will keep updating!

3 comments:

Adam & Amy Wilson said...

Nekayeh,
I'm so excited for you! I didn't realize it was getting so close! I was much like you, "good with the pregnancy continuing" a bit anxious for the pending change. I know everyone has a different labor experience, but I think my biggest surprise was how tolerable it was. You are going to do great! I didn't get the epidural until 9 hrs into the induction and all I have to say is it was the most relaxed I've ever felt in my life! Unless you are decided on going natural, it's definitely one of the major things to look forward to! :) (I don't know why I waited so long into labor to get such a wonderful relief) Plus, that amazing first hello between you, David and your little girl. Can't wait to hear the upcoming weeks' updates. Enjoy this time now--so much will change (as I'm sure EVERYONE has already told you!). As much as you can relax and snuggle with David- your alone time is gold!

The Hiltons said...

Enjoy these last few weeks of sleep! We're excited for you and David! Can't wait to see pictures.

Unknown said...

I can't wait for little Norah Kate to arrive. You and David are prepared and will do great! Enjoy whatever rest you can get right now. It will be a priceless luxury after she arrives. These are such exciting days and I am so thankful/excited/glad we are here!!!!