5.01.2009

8 weeks

Happy 8 weeks to my sweet girl!!!



Does that sound crazy to anyone else???  8 weeks?!!!  I can't believe it!  Norah Kate is really getting to be a lot of fun.  She is smiling all the time and cooing quite a bit as well.  Tonight we went to get something to eat and I had Chula in the back.  Norah Kate just talked to her the whole way!  It was so cute...I think Chula appreciated it as well - Ha!  
We went for her 2 month check-up today and yes...that meant shots.  How pitiful!!!  She looked at the nurse like "What did I do to you?!" Then, of course, screamed and turned PURPLE!  She was pretty easy to console though and spent most of the day napping.  Tonight she was back to her old self so hopefully that is as bad as it gets.  So here are her stats:  
Weight  10.3 lb - 25%
Height  23inches - 75% 
Head circ.  37cm - 25%.  
So she's pretty long.  Her doctor was very pleased with how she's growing and it was a nice, uneventful trip.  She is eating every 3.5 hours and she slept through the night Wednesday night - YEAH!!!!!!!  I guess you could say she slept through the night last night as well...she just woke up an hour earlier than the morning before.  Either way we are happy.  David and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary yesterday, April 30th...so we agreed that she gave us a great anniversary gift!  

I am getting a little sad though, because I only have 3 weeks of maternity leave remaining and then its back to the Jude.  I will be going back part time to the night shift.  This isn't the ideal shift for me, but part time is wonderful and it is what will work best for our family right now.  My mom will be able to come down once a week to keep Norah Kate and let me get some rest - nice!  So, we are just doing pretty well!  Here are a couple of pictures from the last week...
(Sara & Laura - notice the owl!!!)


5 comments:

Laura Jo said...

OH YES! I first saw Norah's beautiful face then immediately spotted the little hootie on her shirt! So cute!

S and K said...

How cute! I can't believe she's 8 weeks...time goes by too fast. Its like you can't wait for the pregnancy to be over so you can have your little one then the first months fly. Sorry to hear you have to go back to work nights :( I am hoping to work one 12 a week and am thinking about nights as well...I'm PRN so I can pick either days or nights, but I think it might be easier if I do nights...guess we'll see. Are you looking for a NP job?

amanda said...

Nekayeh - She is so cute !!

The Treadwells said...

Norah Kate is getting so big... well not too big. Lanier was already 7lb 15 oz the other day (5 weeks) when we had to go in. Hopefully we can get together soon !! I cannot believe your baby girl is already 2 months old !!

Unknown said...

She is just PRECIOUS!!! I miss her so much and would love to hear that coo and see that smile! Hopefully SOON we can get her to cooperate on iChat! Miss you guys SO MUCH! Love/Hugs,
Margie/Mom/Grammy