3.06.2010

1 YEAR OLD!!!

Where do I begin?! Today is my little girl's first birthday! I am so amazed that a year ago today I laid eyes on the most beautiful baby in the world...and my life changed forever. I now know that no matter how "prepared" you are...you are never "prepared" for a child. We've made it through the emotions of the first year...the ups and downs in the beginning, the excitement, the frustration, the hesitance, the happiness, and the JOY! I wouldn't change 1 minute of this last year. Norah Kate is such a happy baby, friendly to everyone she meets, pleasant to those who care for her, and loving to her family (and CHULA!). I love that she already has such a positive influence on others and I hope to see that continue throughout her life. All I know is that I have been blessed beyond explanation through the life of my daughter & I am so thankful for that. As always, our first prayer is that Norah Kate will continue to grow in the knowledge of Jesus Christ, that she would make the decision as soon as possible to have a relationship with Him, and that she would live for Him all the days of her life. We can't wait to see how God uses her!

Here are some (wonderful!) pictures from the day. One of the added bonuses of working for a college university is that there are available "photographers" who are more than willing to do little jobs. We were so thankful to have Hunter Bragg take these pictures at her party, so that we did not have to worry about it. I think he did a great job. These are just a few of the pics...I will post more soon.

Our theme was "Owls." Her invitations said, "Whoo's turning 1?!" and then said "Come have a HOOT with us!" My friend, Jenny Lawson, did the appliqued on her shirt, and I actually made the tutu. Thanks for helping us out, Jenny! You did a great job!


I love Norah Kate's face in this picture. David was "helping" her with the cake because she was a little timid.



Norah Kate with her gifts. She got some great things...she is looking at her new rubber ducky from Ross & Sarah.



Cute little 1 year old!



Opening gifts! Such a sweet girl!

Norah Kate - I love you very much! I hope you always remember that. Your Dad and I are so proud of you and are looking forward to the future with you. We are thankful that God has allowed us to be your parents!

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my
mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully
and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret
place.
When I was woven together in the
depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

Psalm 139:13-16

7 comments:

Marksberry Family said...

Happy Birthday, Norah Kate! We thought about you today! Looks like you had a wonderful party!

Sara said...

So cute! I love the owls! :)
Happy Birthday!!

Margie and Ron said...

Looks like it was a fun, happy time. (I must admit that it was a hard day for us. We so wanted to be a part of the celebrations.) Thanks so much for your call and for posting these pics. Your blog will be a wonderful memory of these times. We are so thankful for this precious baby girl and grateful that she has godly parents like you and David. We are proud and grateful beyond words. Our prayers for Norah Kate are the same as yours, that she would come to know and trust Jesus at an early age and desire to serve and obey Him all the days of her life. Tomorrow wouldn't be soon enough to see you all again! Love and hugs to all. Mimi

M&B said...

Happy First Birthday, Norah Kate!! You are a precious little girl!

Anonymous said...

Too funny that we both did owls for our little girls first birthday! Love it!

The Hiltons said...

Love the owl theme- how cute!

Laura Jo said...

Happy belated birthday Norah Kate! Love the owls, of course!! I saw that owl line and hoped someone used it, it was just too cute not to!