3.03.2009

Friday, eh???

I went for my 40 week appointment this morning, and I think I'm back to being apathetic about this whole birth thing.  I am really beginning to think it is a joke.  :)  I had NO progress from last week...I mean ZERO (0), so I guess we are looking at the big Friday.  So, for those of you who are wondering...no, I'm not disappointed; no, I'm not sad; no, I'm not frustrated...I'm just apathetic.  :) Ha Ha!  David said "I didn't know she had some Guatemalan in her."    
Honestly though, at this point I am just fine with knowing I will have to be induced because at least we will have our little girl here!  I will also know that my doctor will deliver me and our family will be here.  Also...I feel great!  Everyone talks about how miserable you are at the end and I really haven't agreed with that (thankfully).  I really do feel good though...this is probably the best my back has felt ALL pregnancy (which also makes me wonder if this is real).  So, tune in because unless she does decide to trick us and come early, we will be posting some great pictures on Friday!  

On another note:  Here are some pics of the nursery!  It isn't completely finished...we ordered some verses to put on the walls, but its close enough to let everyone see it.  My grandmother made her bedding and the valance.  I painted the letters above the crib.  


A big thanks to Sally who helped me pick out the rug - I think it looks great!
This one is hard to see because it was so bright outside.
Margie (David's Mom) found this cute piggy bank that matches really well!!!
Her name...I had a lot of fun painting these...I think it was therapeutic.
This is where we'll measure how tall she is getting :)
Aunt Lauren (my sister) made this for her...the verse is Ephesians 3:20-21...one of my favorites, and one that really comforted me for all those months that we were trying to get pregnant with our little girl.  Now, I am reminded of God's goodness and faithfulness when I look at this (that is why we put it on the wall as soon as you walk in the room).

So there you have it!  Hope you enjoyed the pictures!  Hope everyone has a great week!

3 comments:

The Hiltons said...

Enjoy these last few nights of sleep! I was 8 days late and it felt like an eternity. She's coming, I promise :) Can't wait to see pictures!

Jamie & Lauren said...

I told Jamie it would be super funny if Norah Kate came today and she and Chula could have birthday parties together! Happy 4th B-day Chula! See you very soon!!!

Julie said...

Nekayeh the room looks great. I love the bedding and the colors are so cute. I can't wait to see it in person though. See you on Friday. We can't wait to meet little Norah Kate and see if she looks like you or like the Carothers (like all her other cousins do).