3.07.2009

The Birthday

Well - where do I begin!!! It has been an amazing 4 days with our Norah Kate. I went in @ 5:00a.m. to be induced on Friday (March 6), they started the Pitocin about 6:30a.m. and then my doctor came and broke my water at 7:15 a.m. THEN I started having HORRIBLE bladder spasms (that, by the way, do not give breaks like contractions do), and I went from 3-7cm in the next hour. :) So, I decided to go with the epidural because I wasn't getting the rest between contractions like I expected, and as soon as they put the epidural in I was 9 cm. Things slowed down a little bit then...which I appreciated that we had a little time to breathe. And then she was born at 11:54a.m. YEAH! Here are a few pictures from the day:


Mom & Dad post epidural

She's here!

7lb 14oz

Mom & Baby

Daddy & Norah Kate

Our little girl :)

Meeting Aunt Lauren

Uncle Jamie


Granddaddy Ron meeting his newest granddaughter


The "yet-to-be-named" granddad happy for his 1st granddaughter


Grammy/Mimi, Mom, and Mama Lynn posing with Norah Kate








2 comments:

carlyn said...

congradulations!! i love birth stories :) norah kate is beautiful!! catherine lee had her little boy on march 6th as well!! she was induced that day too.

M&B said...

I can't wait to meet precious little Norah Kate!!!!