6.23.2010

15 month check-up

Look at our little cheerleader! So, David dressed her this morning, and I did not see her until I picked her up from the baby-sitter's house. I just laughed and laughed. She was soooo proud of her little outfit! And...what outfit is complete without multiple, mismatched hairbows?! Ha!

Unfortunately I did change her before taking her to her 15 month doctor's visit. Oh well. :) It was a big day for NK. She had to switch to a new doctor since I recently took the new job. We needed a doctor at our clinic for insurance purposes...MUCH cheaper! But I really like the one we've chosen. She went to Union for her undergrad (honestly, that was a pretty big factor in my choice), and she is just so great with Norah Kate. However...NK had to get F O U R (yes, 4!) shots. I don't know what I was thinking, but when I added it up in my head I was thinking she was only getting 1 (MMR). But apparently she did not have 2 shots at her 1 year (because she was already getting 4 then), and so we had to make these up. Well, and then there is an updated Prevnar that she needed. Anyway...it was HORRIBLE...the worst shot experience yet. This poor nurse that was giving the shots was super slow (super SWEET, but SUPER slow)...and put each band-aid on in between each shot. And then NK kept trying to talk to us, saying "Ba Da Ba Ba Ba..." which sounded like she was trying to reason with us into not giving the next shot. THEN we she saw each shot she would shake her head "No" and try to talk even faster!!! Ugh...I just kept kissing her little face, but I really just had to close my eyes to keep from crying. I am just glad that is OVER.
So...here are her stats:

Weight: 21lb 12oz (25%)
Height: 30 inches (50%)
Head circumference: 43cm (50%)

Everything looked great and we will head back at 18 months!
...Now I'm going to go recover. :)

3 comments:

Marksberry Family said...

So cute! So sad for the shots. Wyatt had to do that once! But the nurse was super fast! Thank goodness! Ok, so Caleb could swallow NK whole! He's almost 4 inches taller and 12 pounds heavier! But she's within 4 pounds of Wyatt! HA HA!

Julie said...

Love the cheerleading picture. It just cracks me up that David dressed her up in that. I could just see him laughing at himself while he was doing it. Glad Norah Kate is doing better after her four shots. All I have to say is that she does not have the Carothers head with it only being at 50%!!! Atleast you won't have to stretch the neck of shirts out...ha!

Margie and Ron said...

This makes me really sad! But I am so glad it is over... and glad I wasn't there. Your description was so vivid and I almost cried reading it! I LOVE the cheerleader outfit. It looks like it fits perfectly! Get all the use you can while it still fits. NK is still a tiny thing, but I have a feeling it won't last long! Can't wait until the next time we get to see you guys... and I hope we will have a longer visit! Hope we can talk soon. Love you!