4.01.2011

5 on Friday

I know you've probably noticed, but we've been gone for a couple of weeks...well...gone from the computer on Fridays! 1. David recently led a trip to France with some of the Union students. They had a great trip. I was really excited to hear about everything, and to see David's excitement. While he was gone, Norah Kate and I packed up and headed to Arkansas with my sister and niece...and then on to Branson with my mom. We had a great time, but Norah Kate's 2 year old tantrums and disobedience shined through several times over the week, and so it was challenging (to say the least)...I was EXHAUSTED when David returned. I don't think I've caught up on my sleep yet! 2. Tonight David is gone AGAIN! Life group leader retreat was tonight and so he is helping with that. So...here we are again. Sitting at home...Norah Kate is asleep and I am typing while watching House Hunters International. :) 3. Yesterday, Norah Kate had her follow-up appointment for her PE tubes. The doctor said she looks great. I am so thankful with how well she is doing. As I mentioned, before her surgery she could not say any multiple word sentences (other than "good girl" when talking to Chula). The other night I was saying that I was time to go to bed and she said "Dad go night night too?" I was ecstatic!!!! That is just an example of how much better her vocabulary is. She is talking so much more and I can actually understand her...most of the time!! :) I know that PE tubes are definitely overrated in some cases, and in some cases used when not needed, but I am so thankful that we made the decision that we did. I feel like we waited for the proper time, but yet, did not drag our feet with something that she really needed. Another thing I've noticed is that she stops and listens to quiet noises. For example, there is a train track about a mile from our house and she now stops and puts her hand to her ear and says "Mama! Choo choo!" I really have to almost fight back tears each time something like that happens. 5. And last, but not least...the adoption update. What a ROLLERCOASTER! We were told that many of the personel in the Dept of Women & Children had been replaced, and that they were hoping that the number of adoptions would pick up again. However, as of now, they are still processing 5 adoptions a day. The USCIS website also mentions that if this continues, it will add at least a year to the wait time. David and I have continued with our process; finished our fingerprinting for USCIS; and are waiting to receive our final letter before we send off our dossier. Please pray for us during this time. This has been a time of frustration as we fill we are in limbo until we hear something more definite from the Ethiopian government. It is hard to think that we would wait ANOTHER year before being able to bring our child home...Norah Kate would be 3 by that time, and we still plan to have other pregnancy(s?). So, as you can see, whatever is decided in Ethiopia may cause us to consider seriously what God is revealing to us. Along those lines...as of now, we ARE still moving forward, and plan to have a yard sale in the next month or two to raise funds for the adoption. Please let me know if you have any items that you would like to donate to our yard sale. Well, I think that catches us up on our 5 on Fridays. Hope you've enjoyed reading!

1 comment:

Margie and Ron said...

I haven't been too good at keeping up with your blog but I need to! I learn so much when I read it! We still pray for that little Ethiopian baby! I sure was hoping he would arrive while we are stateside this Fall! Love you guys!