5.02.2010

Anniversary Date

David planned a WONDERFUL 5th anniversary date! When I (finally) got home from work Friday, he had surprised me by picking up the house and having 5 dozen Red roses waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He also got me a gift certificate for a manicure/pedicure!! It is much appreciated...and much needed! Ha Ha!
Here are the first 3 dozen roses...
...and the other 2 dozen that he put by my side of the bed. Beautiful!
He arranged all the details for us to go to Memphis and eat at Texas de Brazil...YUM!
AND to then go to the Cheesecake Corner for dessert!!! So, I don't know how we always forget that our anniversary weekend is (almost always) Musicfest for Memphis in May. Well, we decided during dinner that it would probably be wise to either walk or take the trolley to the Cheesecake corner instead of trying to drive. So...here is David waiting on the trolley. *Side note: we lived in Memphis for 5 1/2 years and this was our FIRST time on the trolley!
Anyway, the trolley was taking a long time for the direction we wanted to go, so we ended up walking. Ugh...me in high heels. So now I have 2 pretty nice blisters, but it was SO WORTH IT! We did take the trolley back though. :)
I hate that we didn't get a picture at the Cheesecake Corner, but oh well. It was a beautiful night...perfect weather and the perfect temperature. 5 years seems to have flown by, but after all the excitement that God has brought us through, I am ecstatic to see how the next 5...or 50 go! I didn't know marriage could be this good.

2 comments:

Marksberry Family said...

Ahhhh! What a guy!

Margie and Ron said...

Glad you had a great celebration!