2.04.2010

Snow 2010


I have to admit...I didn't believe all the "weather people" when they said we were going to have a winter storm last weekend. But they were right...


I heard that we got around 9 inches on snow/sleet in Jackson. It was beautiful, but we were suppose to have David's brothers and their families as guest, and they could not get here because of the bad weather. We were really excited about seeing them, but we definitely did not want them to be in danger to get here. So...we'll just have to start planning the next get-together.

Before it got too bad, we drove around in David's pathfinder (4 wheel drive) to see how things were in town. The roads were really okay at this point. Here are a couple of pictures of Union's campus. (Yes, this was actually before it was too bad!)

David and I were pretty excited about Norah Kate's first snow and even thought we'd take her out to do some mini-sledding (just for a few minutes)...but she didn't really care for the snow. :) Oh well. Here is a quick pic taken from my phone:
Chula, on the other hand, did NOT understand why we wouldn't play outside with her. She loves the snow. You can see her "stick" (a small tree branch) that she has beside her in this picture:
So...we just hung out inside. I really can't complain about our little vacation at all. We got some much needed things done around the house, and it really was some good family time. (Sorry about this picture...I should have washed the carrots off of her face first) Norah Kate's shirt says "Snow Bunny" and has an appliqued bunny. Yeah...David did make fun of me for that one.
A perfect ending to one of the snow days...Norah Kate giving her Daddy some kisses!
I've heard rumors that we might get a little flurry action this weekend as well...but I really don't believe them. Ha Ha!

No comments: