9.10.2009

6 months!


Our baby is 6 months old!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I say this every time...and I know EVERY mother says this, but I can't believe she is 6 months already!!! Unfortunately this update is a little late...as usual. Norah Kate actually turned 6 months on Sunday, but with all the cleaning, rearranging, and shoving stuff places in order to show our house; I can't find my camera! I had to steal my mom's camera for awhile. :)
Norah Kate went for her 6 month appointment last week. She was 14.6 lbs (25%), head circumference was 42 cm (50%) and she was 26 inches long (75%). She got her regular shots, and the first of her flu shots...and screamed. But she did stop as soon as I picked her up.
Here are some other stats for her:
-As you can see, she is sitting up by herself. She sits up, leans over to play with her toes, and sits up again.
-She has started pushing up on her hands and knees, and even rocks sometimes, but never goes forward...sometime she slides backwards.
-Just begining to wave bye-bye; actually she does the motion a lot, but only in regards to "bye-bye" every once-in-a-while.
-Gives kisses (well, slobbers all over our cheeks!)
-Reaches for EVERYTHING!
-Just beginning #2 foods. We really haven't found anything that she doesn't like to eat. She definitely doesn't prefer peas, but she just eats them and makes a bad face the whole time.
-Nurses 4 times a day; eats foods twice a day.
-Still in size 2 diapers.
-Bedtime about 9pm and sleeps until 7:30-8:00am (which is great when I work because she usually sleeps until I get home from work in the morning and its perfect timing for her to eat!)
-Naps...on the other hand...well, sometimes yes, and sometimes no. :)
-Smiles all the time!!! Really, she does smile about 90% of the time...I love it!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Our Kate and your Norah Kate sound so much alike! She goes to bed easily, but naps-not so much! She loves all food, and she is sitting the same way! Too funny!

Hope yall are doing great!

love~

Elizabeth said...

Nekayeh,

I can't believe she's 6 months old either! She looks SO big. She's SO beautiful. I'm SO glad she's doing well and is healthy. You guys make a great family!

Unknown said...

Love these updates! Would definitely be better to be there!! Love & miss you guys!