8.07.2009

5 months!

Norah Kate was 5 months old yesterday!!! What a crazy last month it has been. I posted before about her not sleeping well on vacation...she has pretty much gone back to her old "good" sleeping habits. She has been rolling EVERYWHERE lately...this does cause some problems at night, but she's getting use to this as well.
Unfortunately she had her first little virus this past week. I felt so bad because we had been running errands on Tuesday and I just thought she felt hot from being outside & in her carseat...however, when she was still that hot after her nap I knew there was something going on. The highest temp she had was 100.9 that day, and she really didn't act like she felt bad. She was rubbing her ears, which she had not done before, so I tried to look in her ears...but only had adult sized probes and it wasn't working. Wednesday morning I took her to sick call at the Pediatrician's office so they could check her ears, but they said they were clear. Wednesday afternoon & Thursday morning she really didn't eat well, and was a little more fussy, but by last night she was afebrile. Yeah! Hopefully that's the end of that!
On other news, my Blackberry...which I LOVED...went MIA last week. I have just been SICK about this because my parents bought it for me for my MSN graduation gift last year. I guess I left it on the table at Olive Garden, and when I got home and realized it...tried to call it and it was already turned off. For a few days it was turned off at night and on during the day. So frustrating!!! If someone found it (especially with as fast as I realized it) why didn't they just turn it in - couldn't they see the picture of the cutest baby in the world on it?! Ug. Oh well. So...I am now the owner (I guess you could say "proud" except for the circumstances) of an iphone. I guess I would brag about this more, except I really just went to AT&T and said "What is the cheapest smartphone you have that can download pharmacology/medical information from the internet...and oh yeah, its not time for me to renew my contract." *smile* And they said...looks like the 2008 iphone. There you go. I do think David likes it even more than I do. Ha ha! Honestly, I just really feel blessed to have back up money for situations like this...even enough to still get the smartphone that helps me in my occupation as well.
Well, I guess that is everything new for now. Oh, by the way, Norah Kate weight 14 lb 6 oz when I took her in the other day...guess she likes those baby foods! :)

2 comments:

The Treadwells said...

Where does the time go !!! Norah Kate is getting sooo big. So stinkin cute !!!Ok I promise I'm gonna get something together one of these days. U know how it is on your days off, always something to do or somewhere ya gotta be. I did actually get to see Meredith mckee and Laney the other day , she is precious and I hadn't seen her since I took care of them at the hospital. I still cannot believe NK is 5 months. Or little ones are like a month shy of hitting the 1/2 year mark. They grow way to fast !!! Ohh and ur gonna love ur iPhone !!!

Jamie & Lauren said...

Hmmm...for your apparently dumb sister...what the heck is "afebrile"? Nevermind...I'll google it...